Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wisdom with a connection

There is a direct link between the wisdom from God, and being in Christ. The scripture actually teaches that Christ Jesus himself lives within us! If I could only take hold of such a truth as that!

In Ephesians 3 Paul's prayer for them is that Christ may dwell in their hearts through faith. An active dynamic! Not a stale once repeated simple few phrases and boom, I'm all wise, all knowing, etc. But the faith connection is there!

An example of this truth found in Romans 1:11-12 is in a new friend of mine, Scott. I'm not sure what he would label himself as in terms of being a Christian or not, but my experience with him is that there is a fellowship in the spirit with him. This makes Paul's greeting in Romans 1 all the more significant to me. The reason I bring attention to his confession of faith is that as I have spoken with him on numerous occasions the Holy Spirit's presence has been evident. I know that Scott has also marveled at the presence of the Spirit, and the witness within his own heart, but I gather from what he has said that he thinks the connection and the wisdom is of human origin. He once asked me if FAITH is the bridge between the sovereignty of God and man's freewill. This statement has intrigued me ever since.

And I think that here in Ephesians 3 we have a bit of a mystery. The letter is to Christians, and yet Paul is praying that Christ would dwell in their hearts... isn't he already dwelling there? The key, I believe is the "through faith" part.

1 comment: