Monday, October 18, 2010

Fear

I had yet another lesson in fear and anxiety this past week. It all gets summed up in the observation that even after all this time I still have trouble believing that God cares about the seemingly little things in life.

My wife and I planned out a 10th birthday party for our son. As we prepared each aspect I managed to doubt again and again. When she and I actually started fighting with one another over it all, that showed me how much stress we were both under.

We'd planned on taking four of our son's friends to a local bowling alley that we'd gone to many times as a family before. So, this past Wednesday I phoned up the place to make sure we had a reservation for 5 bowlers, and to work out exactly how much money it would all cost. We'd already invited 4 of 4 guests, and gotten confirmations they'd be coming. We'd already told our son the whole plan! And the bowling alley is closed for the day we'd planned on going!!! There aren't too many bowling allies around these days, so we scrambled to find another 5 pin place. In the process we came across a real dudd! It was everything you'd hope for in a strip club without the strippers, but the rest of the seediness was intact! Another place had a bad review on-line, and new management was cited as the reason. The landlord had taken over running the place, and didn't have a clue! Finally I remembered a place I'd passed by during my work hours, and drove over there. It turned out to be way better than our usual place, and is now our new usual place!

The whole party turned out awesome, and I was so blessed by the little things that God did to encourage us along the way.

Thank You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment